Prayer Shawl and Lap Blanket Ministry
Twice a year we collect, bless, and donate handmade shawls and lap blankets.
More information is available on our Prayer Shawl Ministry page.
AA meetings are held every Thursday at 8:00pm in the church undercroft (basement).
AA is continuing to meet under strict Covid-19 guidelines
Shoe Boxes for Military Personnel
The Blue Star Mothers are requesting donations for Shoe Boxes for our military personnel serving overseas. Items are collected year-round and twice a year packages are sent to our troops at Easter and Christmas time.
A list of requested items and collection boxes are located in the entryway of St. Paul's & St. Mark, and at the parish office. (No glass containers & look for food/packaging that resists being crushed).
Money towards postage is also gratefully accepted!!
HERE IS A SUGGESTED LIST OF NEEDED ITEMS:
- Protein-based foods are essential/necessity items: Protein bars, power bars, Cliff bars, Breakfast/cereal bars, granola bars, nuts, sunflower seeds, trail mixes, peanut butter, Dried fruit, fruit snacks, fruit roll-ups, cereal cups microwave popcorn, etc.
- Hygiene staples: Baby wipes, hand sanitizer & lip balm, eye drops. Personal care products in travel sizes: Dental floss, toothbrushes and paste, mouthwash, deodorant, body lotion, Q-tips, shampoo, shaving cream, and disposable razors, foot/baby powder, pocket tissues, Tylenol, bug spray, SOFT toilet paper & Flip flops
- White calf-length athletic socks WITH NO LOGOS
- Plain white cotton crew neck T-shirts (M-L)
- 'Just-add-water' individual serving-sized instant hot cereals *Ramen noodles & instant individual soup mixes etc.
- Instant coffee packets, sugar & creamer, tea bags
- Powdered drink mixes, especially individual portions
- Individual single serving sizes of tuna/chicken foil pouches or pull-tab cans & nonperishable cheese packs
- Tuna or Chicken boxes with crackers, Non-perishable cheese packs
- Pringles (lunch box-personal sized cans)
- Pop-top canned fruit (no plastic), Kraft Easy-Mac
- Pop-Tarts, hard candy, plain crackers & w/cheese
- Ready to eat chili, pasta & soup in a pouch or pop-top can
- Crackers, mints, gum, hard candy
- Nerf or tennis balls, yo-yos & misc. games
- Crossword puzzles, word search, Sudoku & playing cards
- Current paperback books, magazines & CDs
- Ziplock bags (all sizes) & iTunes gift cards & Batteries (preferably AA)
Please keep in mind the items you are donating are being shipped overseas, and will be stored in backpacks and in the pockets of uniforms so the more crush-resistant containers the better!
No glass, or flammable items (matches, lighters, aerosols or hand warmers, etc.), expired or close to expiration dated items.
Habitat for Humanity
Chautauqua Area Habitat for Humanity
2 Academy Street
Mayville, NY 14757
Founded in 1989, the Chautauqua Area Habitat for Humanity is an affiliate of Habitat for Humanity International, an ecumenical Christian housing ministry. It is a non-profit organization offering a hand up, not a handout, and has created homeownership with more than 24 working Poor families throughout Chautauqua County.
Habitat for Humanity is a 100% volunteer organization. Volunteers can make a difference! Individuals and groups are invited to donate their time and talents.
Homeowner Families are selected after an application process based on their need for decent housing, ability to pay on a no-interest mortgage and their willingness to partner with Habitat volunteers including working hundreds of hours of sweat equity on a Habitat house.
How You Can Help:
- Join us at a construction site, with or without skills
- Plan workdays
- Help solicit and select family partners
- Become a family advocate/supporter
- Solicit volunteers
- Speak to others about CAHfH
Start by completing the Volunteer Information Form on their website and submit it to CAHFH, 2 Academy St., Mayville, NY 14727
Operation Christmas Child
The mission of Operation Christmas Child is to demonstrate God's love in a tangible way to needy children around the world, and together with the local churches worldwide, to share the Good News of Jesus Christ. -
Learn more at https://www.samaritanspurse.org
Samaritan's Purse is an international relief and development organization that works through local churches to proclaim and demonstrate the love of God amongst communities in Africa, Eastern Europe, and Central Asia. We are part of the global Samaritan's Purse family that has been providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world since 1970. Samaritan's Purse also has offices in the USA, Canada, Germany, and Australia